Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Getting started

This blog is an effort to chronicle my new found hobby, Warhammer 40k.

I played some Warhammer fantasy about 10 years ago, but was only casually into it.  Not that many people played where I lived and I did not have the money to really get into this hobby.

So, about 3 months ago I was bored a lot...between video games and did not have much to fill my spare time that I enjoyed.  At the suggestion of my wife, we went to a local game store and looked at Warhammer 40k stuff.  The staff was friendly and I was pretty much hooked off the bat.  Got the Dark Vengeance starters set and began to learn what it was all about.  Watched a few games on Sundays and put everything together.  Started showing up with my very small army and had some very patient people that wanted to help me learn the game.

So, 3 months later I have almost filled out my first complete army list.  I still need a few models to really say it is complete, but it is very close.  I won my first "real" game this past Sunday where the rules were not being loosely applied while learning.

So...what do I want to accomplish here?  Several things in fact:
1.  Chronicle my progress as I learn the modeling aspect of the game to include painting, kit bashing, sculpting, and everything else.
2.  Become a better player of the game.  Have a place to document ideas that I try with lists and make notes of how well everything goes.  What falls apart on the table and what kicks ass.
3.  Hopefully down the road, inspire others that are new to the game or wanting to improve their skills with tips and ideas that I come across along the way.

So...lets see what I have done so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment