Saturday, April 12, 2014

Plague Zombies

A lot of my Warhammer time recently has been spent on making Plague Zombies.  These are Chaos Cultists that can become zombies when Typhus is used.  Instead of just having the Cultists models, I wanted to do something that really looked like zombies.

A lot of people use Mantic Zombies and those do look cool, but I wanted these to clearly be from the 40k universe.  So, after some research, I came across this idea and loved it:
http://stephanius40k.blogspot.com/2013/07/plague-zombie-kit-bash.html

I used the same setup, 2x Cadian Shock Troops and 1x Fantasy Zombies.

Unfortunately I did not take pictures of the Zombies as I was cutting and putting them together.  Once they were assembled, I used some Liquid Green Stuff to try to fill the gaps around the waits.  I used a little green stuff when connecting arms and heads to the chest armor pieces of the Shock Troops.

Black Primer, Caliban Green, Gorthor Brown, Ungor Flesh have been the primary colors so far.

Ushabti Bone, Cadian Fleshtone, Leadbelcher have been used on a few spots.

I tried a few washes (Nuln Oil, Agrax Earthshade, and Athonian Camoshade) and I think the camoshade looks best on the zombie skin so far.  I am still trying a few combinations to see what looks best.

Here is where they are right now.  I am going to be working on these today to try to finish all the base coating and washes.  I am not sure if I will be following up with highlights after that or just moving on to the next item to paint.


No comments:

Post a Comment