Wednesday, April 9, 2014

My first painted models

The Dark Vengeance set includes a starting army for Dark Angels and Chaos Space Marines.  Since the majority of the box can be considered as Chaos, I decided that would be my first army so that I got the most out of my first purchase.  My first lists were using everything exactly as modeled and trying to make the army as big as possible.  I lost all of these matches...some of them pretty badly, but each one would end with me asking questions to the other person and thinking through my strategy and how I could have done things differently.

Before painting anything, I did some research on how I could convert these Dark Angels to Chaos.  I was really nervous about people questioning my models or painting or even army choice, but everyone has been super nice so I was worried about nothing...  Anyway, turns out there is some lore, or fluff, about some Dark Angels that fell to Chaos.  These guys have black power armor so painting would be very quick and easy...so these would be my first models.  Here are 5 Chaos Space Marines...one is still black to show it with just the primer.



I used Citadel Paints.  I believe these colors were in the 40k starter paint set.

No comments:

Post a Comment