Sunday, June 22, 2014

Obliterator before rust

Only thing left to do with the Oblit is to add some corrosion and rust to the metal bits then he might be done...depending if I want to do more with him.  I don't like the way the washes came out as much as I did on the Plague Marines.  I will have to try something different on the other one unless the look really changes with some rust on this guy.

Full Album


I got some pictures of the games from today also that I will upload soon.  Got stomped in one game and tied the second.  As usual, I learned things to do next time...and things not to do.

2 comments:

  1. Unhappy with the wash or no, this looks awesome, man. I love the custom detail work with the grossness. What did you use to get that texture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of the stretched skin looking stuff the weapons are growing out of is green stuff. I got a $9 set of wax carvers from Amazon to do the texture. They basically look like dental tools. One was used to smooth out the right shoulder and others were used to pull, stretch, and poke holes in the rest.

    As far as the washes go and why I don't like them...I used two different ones - Agrax Earthshade followed by Seraphim Sepia. I did not let the first dry completely before putting on the second. This made it very shiny in a few places and sticky in others. I was able to cover up a lot of it with the Typhus Corrosion, so it might still turn out good in the end.

    ReplyDelete