Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Obliterator work and thinning paint

Tonight I finally had some time to get some painting done.  The tournament at the nearby gaming store is weekend after next so I am not going to have as much done as I would like but I am going to play regardless. 

This is the work in progress Obilterator.  It was converted from a Terminator and some random weapons I had lying around.  I am not a huge fan of the GW model, so I decided to make one of my own.  This is just the start with some base coating.  Death World forest, Leadbelcher, Bugman's Glow, and Emperor's Children were the paints used so far.  I ended up over thinning everything and did 2 coats of green.  The flesh around the weapons will get another coat, then some Rakarth Flesh to make it look pale and sickly.


Tonight was also the first time thinning with Liquitex flow aid.  It worked a little too well.  I have tried water - ok, GW Lahmian Medium - expensive, but good, Liquitex Matte Medium - not great for thinning.
I am going to keep trying with it, but I need to use a lower ratio of thinner to paint.  They all were too thin and showed a lot of primer through them.  On the other hand, it looks like the paint went on very smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment